Lexie, our Duke of Edinburgh volunteer, is back with another brilliant recipe!
Just to recap, the challenge gives our customers, aspiring chefs and influential food writers across the country the chance to guest blog on Bouncebackfood.co.uk and cook a recipe of their choice. The only condition? Their recipe has to include one of Bounceback Food’s staple products that we sell on a ‘buy one, donate one’ basis in support of FareShare UK and The Trussell Trust.
Here’s how you make it…
This simple dish is full of flavour and ready to eat in under 30 minutes. It serves 4 people and goes brilliantly with chips or salad!
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 peppers
- Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of chipotle paste
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tin of Bounceback Aduki Beans (they donate the same one to your nearest food bank!)
- 200g Bounceback Brown rice
- Tortilla wraps
- Any extras for example cheese, salsa, or guacamole
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion until it is a golden colour, on a low heat. Then add the sliced peppers and cook until they have softened slightly.
- Add the chilli flakes to the pan (depending on how spicy you want it). Also add the paprika and chipotle paste.
- Slice the chicken breasts then add them to the pan. Stir the chicken until it is coated in the seasoning then leave to cook. Only stir occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked drain the aduki beans into a sieve and was them in cold water. Add them to the pan and leave on a low heat with the lid on.
- Now cook the rice. Once cooked put the chicken, rice and any extras on a wrap and roll into a burrito. Serve and enjoy with tortilla chips or salad.
What a great recipe, thanks Lexie! You can find more Staple Food Challenge recipes on our blog and if you’d like to either take part or volunteer for us like Lexie, then please do get in touch via [email protected]!