Find out how our latest participant fared in the Staple Food Challenge.Read more »
Staple Food Challenge #2 – Indian Spiced Fish Pasta
Our next Staple Food Challenge participant is Carla! Her blog, Carlita’s Crumble, showcases a range of healthy yet indulgent recipes inspired by her travels and love of cooking for friends and family. She’s one of the most exciting new food bloggers in Brighton.
To recap – Carla is taking part in the Staple Food Challenge that gives our customers, aspiring chefs and influential food writers across the country to guest blog on Bouncebackfood.co.uk and cook a recipe of their choice. The only condition? Their recipe has to include one of Bounceback Food’s staple products that we sell on a ‘one for you, one for society’ basis in support of FareShare UK.
Here’s Carla’s recipe for Indian Spiced Fish Pasta.
Ingredients (serves 4):
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 large pinch chilli flakes
1/2 lime – juice
1 teaspoon mango chutney
4 cod fillets (any white fish would work)
300g organic wholewheat spaghetti from Bounceback Food (they make a like for like donation to your nearest food bank!)
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
Pinch chilli flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Small bunch coriander
250g quark or soft cream cheese
1/2 ripe large mango or 1 small mango
Sea salt and black pepper
*Preparation and cooking ~ 30 minutes
1. Coat the fish fillets in the marinade ingredients and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
3. Heat up a dash of olive oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté for a few minutes until they are soft and transparent. Add the garlic, pinch chilli flakes, ground cumin and roughly chopped coriander, and continue to fry for a minute. Then set aside.
4. While the onions are cooking, boil a sauce pan of water for the pasta. Once the water is boiling, add the organic wholewheat spaghetti for 9 minutes, until cooked.
5. Heat up a frying pan on a high heat. Dry-fry the fish for a few minutes on each side, until the spices crisp and the fish is cooked through.
6. Once the spaghetti is cooked, tip into the onion mixture, add the quark and stir until everything is coated in the quark. Season to taste.
7. Once cooked flake the fish, serve on top of the spaghetti and finally sprinkle over the cubed mango.